JonBenet Ramsey Cold Case Focus of Upcoming TV Show
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif.—Twenty years after the murder of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey, three networks are dedicating programming to the unsolved case.
CBS will air a six-part docuseries, “The Case of: JonBenet Ramsey,” the network announced Wednesday. Original investigators will team up with new experts to re-examine the evidence using today’s technology and forensics. They will also rebuild the crime scene, conduct interviews and offer new theories.
“The Case of: JonBenet Ramsey” premieres Sept. 18 (8:30 p.m. EDT).
Lifetime also announced Wednesday that it has started production on “Who Killed JonBenet?” The film will premiere later this fall.
— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) August 17, 2016
And Investigation Discovery announced earlier this month that it will air a three-night series, “JonBenet: An American Murder Mystery,” beginning Sept. 12 (10 p.m. EDT).
JonBenet, a child beauty queen, was found beaten and strangled in the basement of her family’s home in Boulder, Colorado, on Dec. 26, 1996.
“This little girl’s homicide to this date has not been resolved. In my opinion, I think we can change that right now,” said retired FBI special agent James Fitzgerald in a trailer for the show.
“People are drawn to stories that are deep moral dramas. … There’s a primal hunger for justice. People want to know the guilty will be punished and the innocent exonerated,” Lifetime general manager Rob Sharenow told USA Today.
Epoch Times contributed to this report.