London rivals throw cold water on Tottenham deal

Crystal Palace manager, Alan Pardew has confirmed that Tottenham target, Wilfried Zaha will be staying at the club despite the player’s interest in a move North of the river.

It was reported on Thursday that Spurs had approached The Eagles with a bid for the former Man United winger, who returned to South London in 2015 after an unsuccessful spell in Manchester, however according to Pardew there will be no deal.

Speaking ahead of his side’s Premier League fixture against Bournemouth this weekend, the former Southampton and West Ham boss said:

“Wilf came to see me and said there he believed there was some interest from Tottenham, and may he go.”

He added, “the chairman has put the full stop on that deal and that is the right thing for us because we have made a lot of changes already this summer, and he was terrific last year, our player of the year.

“He is a fans’ favourite here and we are very keen to keep him.”

Fans of the South London club have already seen attacking talent leave this summer with Dwight Gayle and Yannik Bolasie both leaving for Newcastle and Everton respectively.

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

You might be interested in


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *